Sunday, February 25, 2007

Terrific Turkey & Black Bean Chili


Turkey and Black Bean Chili
Serves 4 Hint make double batches for ease thruout the week. Makes a wonderful chili and brown rice burrito (Whole Wheat tortilla) for lunches. Microwave at work and eat.

2 tsp.ex. virgin olive oil
1 onion chopped
1 green pepper seeded and chopped
4 garlic cloves minced
3/4 pound ground turkey
1 15oz can black beans rinsed and drained
1 14oz. can diced tomatoes

*1 tbs. chili powder
*2 tsp. cumin
*1 tsp. dried oregano
*1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 shedded cheese fat free sharp cheddar
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 c sliced scallions

You know me I can't leave a recipe alone if I can make it easier or more palatable so here's my Tweeks.
****I sometimes substitute a package of chili flavoring for these four ingredients. No change except sodium.


This is a core recipe for Weight Watchers and it has the point value of 4 for flex
Serving size 1 cup and 2 tbs. cheese, 1 tbs. sour cream 219 Cal. per serving

Pure Comfort Cookbook, Weight Watchers

1 comment:

La Cremiere said...

Oh wow, that looks lovely. I've printed the recipe and will let you know how it turns out.

Hi and Welcome
A shared Recipe blog. Feel free to email me with a contribution and I'll post it. If you have a picture of the dish send that too.

If you need a recipe, type in the search box a name of something and see what I have. ...and just maybe I'll have it.
homeseider@aol.com