Thursday, August 17, 2006

Basic Cake Mix

Basic quick Cake mix
There's a really good basic mix that is a starting point for
almost any kind of simple cake.

BASIC QUICK CAKE MIX

5 cups flour
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
1 1/4 cups oil

In a large mixing bowl, with a pastry blender, mix
ingredients until fine. Store in an airtight container or
plastic bag and use within 2 months. (Keep in refrigerator)

*VANILLA CAKE

4 cups Quick Mix for Cake
2 eggs, separated
1/3 cup water
2 teaspoons vanilla pinch salt 1/4 cup sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease and flour 2 round cake pans or a 9x13x2-inch pan.

Pour 4 cups of Cake Mix into a large mixing bowl. Mix yolks
with 1/3 cup water and vanilla; beat well and stir into dry
mix in bowl. Beat egg whites until foamy and add salt and
sugar; beat until meringue forms stiff peaks. Fold beaten
egg whites into the cake batter.

Pour into pan(s) and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.

This is courtesy of I'm Not Martha' blog
She has other homemade mixes there also.

1 comment:

coastalcutie2000 said...

Holy Cow, where has this blog been all my life?!! ;) I can't wait to try some of these delights! I will keep you posted with my results. Can I link you to my blog?

PCM

Hi and Welcome
A shared Recipe blog. Feel free to email me with a contribution and I'll post it. If you have a picture of the dish send that too.

If you need a recipe, type in the search box a name of something and see what I have. ...and just maybe I'll have it.
homeseider@aol.com